I have been trying to make a habit out of journaling this year. Sometimes it helps just to write things down, like feelings, ideas, dreams, hopes, or things I’m just grateful for.
I love making lists, if you haven’t already figured that out if you’re a regular reader of my blog. Lists, especially lists of awesome things, remind me of the awesomeness of life, and I feel extremely grateful to have the life that I have. Whenever I’m in a rut, feeling depressed or anxious or sad, I sit down and make a list of things I think are amazing and then I feel a bit better because it’s easy to forget the happy things when you’re in a dark, fragile emotional place.
So today, I’m sharing with you my list of things I currently love, things that I find awesome:
- Sharing a bottle of wine with a good friend.
- Making an important contribution at work.
- Signing a petition for a cause that I’m passionate about and then sharing it with others and seeing them sign the petition and passing it on. Our voices really do matter!
- Reading through a streak of really, really good books.
- Listening to NPR and learning about lots of different subjects, not just politics, (although I’m learning a lot about politics, too.)
- Going to the gym with my husband. Although we have different workouts and are often in different parts of the gym, we warm up together and cool down together and every once in a while we work out side by side, and I love that we’re both getting stronger and fitter.
How about you? What is something that you are finding to be really awesome right now? Share in the comments!