Good morning! I hope you had a great 4th of July! Ours was spent outside in the backyard, our favorite hangout, with our oldest daughter, son-in-law, and grandson. It was a warm, sunny day, but we bought an inflatable pool to help keep us cool.
It’s been a while since I’ve blogged, but wanted to just do a bullet list of some things going on:
- Our beagle, Jasper, who is 12, became sick last week. He started stumbling and falling. We were concerned that he had a stroke, but the vet believes he has vestibular disease, which is common for older dogs. It basically means that he is experiencing dizziness and motion sickness. It’s a temporary condition, and he should get better in a week or two. It’s difficult, though, to watch him struggle and not feel well.
- Kayla has a follow-up appointment on Thursday. It also happens to be my birthday. Anxiety usually hits the week leading up to the appointment, so I’ve been coping with that. There’s no use fighting it; I know it’s normal. All I can do is ride it out and try to stay with a normal routine and distract myself as much as possible to keep my mind off of it. Finding out that things are still good for Kayla would be an awesome birthday present!
- Speaking of distractions, I binge-watched the 3rd season of Stranger Things yesterday. Wow! Such an incredible show!
- I’m on week 3 of the second round of the LIIFT4 workout program. I’m doing the modification exercises less and less, my endurance has definitely improved on the HIIT exercises, and I’m using heavier weights. Hooray!
- I have found the sweet spot of contentment and balance with my body. These feelings have been hit and miss for most of my life, but for some reason over the last couple of weeks, I’m at a place of complete acceptance. I’m okay wearing a two-piece swimsuit. I’m okay with my belly rolls and cellulite. The guilt with drinking wine, eating a cupcake, or having some chips has surprisingly become dormant. Most, not all, of my days are filled with physical exercise, lots of water, and healthy foods and it feels good enough. I love this place I’m in and I hope I stay here forever! I can completely relate to this video: Bikini Rant
That’s what’s new in my world. Just savoring the good moments and rolling through the not-so-good moments as well as possible. It’s never a dull moment, for sure.
May your glass always be full,