Hello, everyone! It’s day 21 of the 75 Hard program and I also completed week one of Phase 3 of 9 Week Control Freak and wow, I’m feeling AMAZING. 9WCF is kicking my ass – it has been the toughest program I think I’ve ever done, and I’ve done some pretty tough programs. I am seeing some changes in my body that I’ve been working towards, but just haven’t seen because I could never keep my nutrition consistent. My waist is a size that I haven’t seen in decades, and I’ve lost a few pounds over the last couple of weeks. However, this isn’t about a number on the scale. It truly is all about how I feel and I feel so good.
Thanks to 75 Hard, I have nailed the consistency with my diet. I’ve been eating a 100% clean vegan diet with no cheat meals or alcohol. So far, I do not feel deprived and I haven’t had to fight any strong cravings. In fact, yesterday the kids came over for dinner and we ordered pizza from our favorite pizza place and while everyone had pizza, I ate some veggie curry that I made and honestly, I really enjoyed it. I also didn’t have a drop of alcohol and I was okay with that as well. Normally I share a bottle of wine with my daughter and she is also trying to cut back on alcohol and so we drank our water and all was well.
The weather is slowly improving as well and that has made my daily outdoor walks much more pleasant. Yesterday was probably the nicest walk to date. It was 29 degrees and sunny. Today we’re supposed to get more snow, so as soon as I write this blog post, I’ll head out and get my walk in before it starts to snow heavily.
I’ve had people ask me how I’m managing the program, so I thought I’d share what has become my daily routine. Time management and a routine are absolutely key to succeeding with this program. You have to plan, plan, and then PLAN each day around your schedule in order to get all of your tasks in. Here is what a typical day looks like for me:
- Wake up at 5:00 a.m. (thanks to our puppy Luna), let the dogs out, feed them, and then fill up my gallon water bottle and drink my first 16oz of water for the day.
- Have a bit of coffee and my pre-workout drink while watching the news to see the headlines and weather forecast for the day.
- Do my first 45-minute workout, which currently is a 9 Week Control Freak workout. Since those workouts are only around 35 minutes, I also add on a 10-minute bonus workout to get in my 45 minutes.
- I have my recovery shake, some more coffee and log on to my computer to check emails if it’s a work day and take care of any issues that have come up.
- I take a shower, get dressed and then work until lunch.
- I eat lunch and then go outside for my 2nd workout and walk for 45 minutes.
- Work for the rest of the afternoon.
- After work, I read my 10 pages from a non-fiction book. If I don’t read at that time, I’ll read in the evenings while my husband watches basketball or something, although I try to get my reading done earlier because…..
- After dinner, I finish up the rest of my water, watch some TV and usually fall asleep. Around 9:00, I go to bed. Since I started this program, I sleep so much better. I rarely wake up in the middle of the night and have been waking up shortly before my alarm goes off (or when Luna starts getting restless in her kennel.) I feel rested and ready to conquer the day.
I know I still have a long ways to go, but after 21 days, I’m noticing some really positive changes which I didn’t notice the first 7-10 days, so this is motivation to just keep going. Consistency is paying off with some progress and results and that’s what I’ve been missing for a really long time.
I’m not going to lie, though, I have imagined what day 76 will look like for me. There will be a glass of wine, some pizza from my favorite pizza place, and maybe some non-dairy Ben & Jerry’s ice cream. But who knows? Maybe by the time I get to day 76, those things won’t sound as appealing. It will be interesting to find out!
Have a great week and may your glass always be full,